Before Summer of 2019 kicks into gear really soon, we again want to share that United States Parents Involved in Education (USPIE) is the only 501(c)(3) national grassroots organization of its kind! We have a comprehensive network and strategy to #StopFedEd and in addressing our state level education issues. Please “join the movement” in the link below to subscribe to our emails/newsletters. Please also consider donating (not required) at the Supporter, Advocate, or Sponsor level, as we continue to grow our involvement in relevant fashion. Thank you for your support! We are getting several hundred views of our posts and lots of ‘shares’ lately!
What to do this Summer?!?
The first thing is to relax, enjoy the fireworks and cookouts, and just unwind from the year, whether you volunteer at your local school, or if you homeschool.
Here are some tips on getting involved to make Education better. While we are stuck with Common Core and Smarter Balanced Assessment in Washington State, we are taking the fight to the Feds. We believe these action items are what will grow our WA State chapter and USPIE itself:
- Connect with like-minded advocates and organizations. If you need any tips: please email us at: wapiechapter at gmail dot com. Read articles from a wide variety of sites and bloggers.
One way to connect is regarding the Comprehensive Sex Education issues that are becoming more pervasive and developmentally inappropriate, especially in the younger grades.
- Develop a presence and rapport with elected legislative officials and school board candidates. Volunteer on a campaign- it’s an education like no other. If you are not sure where to start, please ask us and we can refer you to some good campaigns, but we will not endorse any school board races.
Candidates who filed for office:
Here is the USPIE Candidate Pledge. Please refer us any principled candidates who wishes to sign the pledge, which does not constitute an endorsement.
- Promote#StopFedEdand support/monitor various pieces of legislation and trends. The goal is to end federal mandates and ultimately eliminate the US Dept of Education. As of now, #HR899 shows some promise but we need more people joining the movement. Last year, we led a White House petition drive that yielded over 3,000 signatures nationwide! Please be sure to read our Blueprint that describes what it would take to abolish the unconstitutional US Dept. of Ed.
Elimination of federal intervention can be achieved in five steps:
*Send all Program Management and Funding to the states including Pell Grants for college.
*Repeal all laws permitting federal intervention in K-12 education starting with ESSA.
*Privatize college loan programs through savings & loan institutions.
*Eliminate all offices and divisions in the US Department of Education and related spending.
*Reduce federal tax collection, shifting education revenue responsibilities entirely back to the states.
- Utilize social media to promote USPIE and WAPIE State Chapter activities and inspire involvement from parents. Please like/follow these great Facebook and Twitter pages:
- Sharpen your minds, whether it be through good books, prayer/worship, or simply reinforce your own knowledge-base.
Test your knowledge with these quizzes and websites:
HAVE A GREAT SUMMER! WE WILL STILL BE IN ACTION AND AVAILABLE FOR YOUR QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS! THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT!!