South Hill-Pierce County Library 15420 Meridian Ave E, Puyallup, WA 98375
Friday, March 10, 2017
6:00-6:30: Doors open, meet and greet with refreshments
6:30-8:30: Info Session
- Part 1: Special Presentation by Sharon Hanek (aka “Research Mom”)
- Part 2: Q&A Panel
- Part 3: Individualized Q&A at curriculum tables
**Kids welcome to read/play quietly. Refreshments will be served**
The lead Q&A parent panelists will be Karen Larsen and Lisa Kinee Lopez, who have children at Immanuel and Lighthouse Co-ops. Others include:
- The Puyallup Parent Partnership Program (P4), which is an ALE, will be sending a representative to be on the panel.
- Janine Simon who has children at ACTS Co-Op
- Other panelists will be announced.
Join the new facebook group:
“Explore Homeschooling Options in Washington State (WA)” if you are exploring the possibilities of homeschooling.
Here is the public facebook event invite:
- Filing and Documentation Requirements
- Independent vs. Online options
- Choosing the right Co-Op
- Curriculum Samples (bring yours to share)
- Experienced panelists with plenty of Q&A
- Special topics on Common Core, Opting Out of Public School Tests, and ESSA implications
*FREE & Open to the public
*Event not affiliated with nor sponsored by the Pierce County Library, nor by the Puyallup School District*